Research suggests most sales employers currently recruit on the basis of previous sales skills, knowledge and experience, with 78% of all hires being made ‘from within the industry or field’.
Further, the majority of UK sales training and development budgets are spent on developing core sales skills and product knowledge.
Extensive research consistently demonstrates the greatest differentiators in sales performance are not skill and knowledge related, so are you missing out?
Contrary to popular belief, experience, age and intelligence do not differentiate high performance.
Click the image for a larger view.
The strongest prediction of future sales success can be gained by identifying call reluctance and motivation factors.
Many high profile organisations are benefiting from understanding and measuring call reluctance, including:
OIM help organisations:
- Create a ‘blueprint’ of successful sales performers
- Move from a ‘churn & burn’ culture to a sustained performance culture
- Design selection, development & coaching tools
- Recruit the best talent
- Develop & manage underperformers
- Retain high performers
- Provide managers with the skills to get the best out of their people
- Typically increase individual performance by around 40%
- Typically increase Net Sales contribution by 30%
Want to know more? Our case study provides the detail.